Monday, December 3, 2012

My Week of Lasts



(11/26-11/29) Well this was a pretty sad week of lasts. Monday I decided to cook a really difficult dessert that I cooked once in the past but it didn’t have time to set. So I spent about 4 or 5 hours Monday cooking the dessert again giving it plenty of time to solidify. Then I went to our last small group and our last Donce. We ate lasagna and it was pretty good although the sauce tasted a little like ketchup. A student named Israel gave the talk and he talked about how he had cancer when he was younger and how his family prayed everyday and eventually it went away miraculously. It was awesome. I really appreciated his story. Then we ate my awesome dessert called Chocolate Revel Bars. We played a game that was finding a list of items and then you tally up score. We didn’t win but we didn’t lose and it was really fun so a great way to end the year. Tuesday was pretty good. We were supposed to have Almorricas but like an hour before it was supposed to start they switched it to Friday. Because it was cancelled Claudia and I went to Bravissimo together to eat lunch. It ended up being really great because I got to learn a lot about Claudia. When we got back I played some ping-pong with some guys who happened to be in the house. Then I ordered a pizza and Eli and I ate the pizza and watched the Christmas episode of Glee. I spent the rest of my night just kind of relaxing. Wednesday was a great day! My friend Camila, her friend Dany, Claudia, Katie, and I went to Pomaire. It was my second time going and it was awesome. Hardly anyone was there and I got to do some shopping. It was perfect weather and the whole day was just perfect. Dany drove us for free so we didn’t have so ride on a smelly bus. For lunch I ate chicken nuggets and French fries, everyone made fun of me, but I don’t regret it. We shopped for about two hours and it was all around a pretty great experience. When we got back some students were here playing Just Dance, so of course I joined them. We danced for like two hours and then they left. I had some alone time after that and Skyped my parents and then I went to bed. Thursday was bitter sweet. It was my last staff meeting. Then Eli and I went to the grocery store to shop for the last Tertulia. When I got back, Katie and I made a bunch of food and drinks for the very special and last Café a lo Gringo. We made homemade chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, peanut butter and banana sandwiches, just peanut butter sandwiches, lemonade, and sweet tea. Then I made the last batch of brownies for Tertulia. Café a lo Gringo started pretty soon after that. We did a poll the week before to find out what everyone’s favorite game was and we used the three most commonly said answers. They ended up being the name tag forehead game, train wreck, and mafia. It was really fun and a great way to end the year! After that our last Tertulia started. Everything was great, the music, Phil’s talk, the food (pizza), and the very special event that happened after. A student got baptized!! It was so awesome to watch and I am still just so happy for him. I played ping pong with Abraham after that and kicked his butt! That was an awesome feeling! Afterwards a lot of people went to a restaurant to celebrate the end of everything and the exchange students and just to hang out. We stayed a couple of hours and then we all went home. I went to bed after that. What a great week!

me at the last Donce

me in Pomaire

me playing Just Dance with Koke

meet Elvis and Mulan

our feast

baptism!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment